Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Good News, Bad News...

GOOD NEWS

The flickering / black texture problem has been solved thanks to the help of one of my "internet friends". We can now deface the walls with whatever crap we like.



BAD NEWS

All the .vmt files need to have a slight change made to them.

GOOD NEWS

We haven't really made that many yet, and...

BAD NEWS

...I'm probably going to force a re-compiling of all our stuff anyway, as the directory structure hasn't happened, and some file names could do with changing. We need to start "finalising" stuff.
Also we have unnecessary normal maps all over the place... I'm not anti-normal maps, but can we please only have them where they make a difference ?

NEWS THAT IS BAD FOR THE PROJECT BUT MIGHT MAKE YOU HAPPY

I won't be in on Wednesday morning, as I'm staying at home on Tuesday night for... religious reasons...

Hallowed are the Ori.



I should be in at around 12.15 / 12.20.

5 Comments:

Blogger Daljit said...

i can't get studiocompiler working. *yeh im a twat*

should i use the vtftool or scrap using it. because i think it caused problems last time?

10:48 AM  
Blogger John A. said...

I compiled that colourful mess using the "proper" way, which wasn't actually all that hard.

In fact, it was so easy I'm going to force you all to compile your own damn textures from now on. Slackers.

Tutorial will appear on here later in the day.

(I don't know about models yet though, we'll see...)

12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ohh maaayneee

1:42 PM  
Blogger John A. said...

VICTORY

I just compiled a model using the basic SDK tools, so in theory my laptop no longer needs to be a whore to all of your memory sticks, and we can actually compile stuff on the supermachines.

The bad news is that it took me about two hours to finally suss out how.

Thanks Valve, your "Error Loading Model" and generic Microsoft "program has crashed" messages were very helpful in discovering why things weren't working.

< /sarcasm>

2:58 PM  
Blogger John A. said...

Incidentally, the model was for the waiting room... any progress made on that on your end, Attar ?

Seeing as we have to do a presentation on the 27th, I think we should cease having ideas now...

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home