Thursday, May 03, 2007

15 Hours Remaining



I am yet to see anything from Tom and Asim, or the majority Jake's stuff.

Just for some clarification here, I am not joking. I will actually refuse to compile your work for you... I will respond to any requests using only the word "no".
For an explanation as to why, take a look at the last few posts on this blog and consider that I am still coming across compiling problems with stuff that Attar gave me the first version of over four days ago*. Do not assume that all your stuff will happily slip into the engine with zero problems. Especially you, Asim, as I don't believe you have had a single model go through the compiling process yet.

(I tried to think of a less "harsh" way of wording that, but failed... what I mean is that the more stuff you've had compiled, the more familiar you are with the errors and the less likely you are to make them. For example, Daljit had thrown me loads of stuff over the course of the project and the only problems he had in his final batch were 7 missing letters in some vmt files, and a random "model exports inside-out" error that could have happened to anyone.)



* - Attar, you're going to love the latest problem I have with your work, the stairs throw up an error mid-compile, which is something I've never seen before, and I have no idea what the cause could be... unless the model has an obscene poly count that tops Jake's lobby.
I'll look into why after watching Lost and testing and cataloging all 112 of our models (OH GOD THIS IS GOING TO TAKE ALL DAY), but here's where the compile breaks off, just in case you have some knowledge I don't :

ERROR: short conversion out of range 33240
ERROR: Aborted Processing on 'qsh_stairs.mdl'


Awesome-o.

Also, this blog includes a post by me way back when I first registered the blog name, making this the 100th post since the project started. So ner.


...And it took me about half an hour to get this post sorted, so you now only have 14.5 hours left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home