Saturday, May 05, 2007

Compile Results

Sorry it's taken a day or two... I somewhat foolishly believed this would be the final compile, so I waited until I had my window and wall models finished so I could do everything at once. In hindsight I probably should've compiled all your stuff first so you could work on the problems while I did my models.


Yes, we still have problems.


Asim :

You exported your models as .obj's rather than .smd's... you also fixed the previous problem of the textures not following the qsh_ naming convention, but then exported all your models without it. I can't do anything with .obj's, so could you please upload *just* the SMD's with the fixed names ? (If it were just the names that were a problem I probably would have ignored this, but since you're having to export new files anyway...)


Jake :

I checked the scale of your reception and without wanting to sound rude, I'm not entirely convinced you checked it twice as you said... the chair alone was over 120 units tall, which is more than 10 feet. Merging the file with the Max version of the blockworld shows the extreme size difference.



If you want to try again, I'll still compile it as it's a "bug fix" rather than a new model, which was the aim of the deadline I gave.

Also...

qsh_chairdown_model : Crazy selection box. As it's you, ignore it.
qsh_soapdispenc_model : Contains the mesh of qsh_rolldispenc_model aswell as the soap one.


Attar :

I exported my own SMD from your max file of the stairs, but it too failed to compile. If you want to reverse your "screw it" decision from before, you could try separating the two meshes and having the new upper stairs as their own model.

I also looked at your unwrap... for shame, Attar... for shame. :o)


Daljit :

You are my star pupil. I love your work.

Having said that...

qsh_ds_vent_01 : Flipped normals... YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO, SIR.


Tom :

qsh_walkway : No texture. Are you sure it's unwrapped to qsh_walkway ?


All of this downloading of zips and rars and patches of peoples work has resulted in my desktop being a complete mess of files. I think I have compiled everything I was supposed to, but just in case, here is a list of the things that were compiled (not including mine, as I know where all my work is) :
qsh_stairs
qsh_computer
qsh_HD
qsh_instrument_table
qsh_monitor
qsh_monitor01
qsh_prison_desk
qsh_whiteboard01
qsh_chairup_model
qsh_rolldispenc_model
qsh_soapdispenc_model
qsh_vendingmach_model
qsh_vent_model
qsh_chairdown_model
qsh_DS_table_01
qsh_DS_vent_01
qsh_keyboard
qsh_walkway

If I was sent something to compile that's not on this list, tell me and I'll have a look for it.


In other news...

Who was going to do the brick texture for the main area ? I'm sure someone "called" it.
I only noticed that it doesn't actually exist when I tried to leech it for the surround of the new rounded windows . Are we just leaving the plain HL2 texture on there ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home